Crime in Mali Lošinj
The JNA officers and conscripts Vlado Grbin, Petar Petrović and Radovan Anđić are currently on trial before the Rijeka County Court. They were indicted for killing two- and for attempting the murder of three members of the Territorial Defence (TO) at Mali Lošinj in October 1991.
The Indictment charged the 1st defendant Vlado Grbin, the 2nd defendant Petar Petrović and the 3rd defendant Radovan Anđić that, on 16 October 1991 in Mali Lošinj, in ambush, by following the order of the 1st defendant Grbin, fired from automatic rifles at TO members Rifet Mustić, Mladen Bujačić and Herkul Alaburić. As a consequence, Mustić and Bujačić were hit with several bullets and died of sustained injuries, whereas Herkul Alaburić remained uninjured. Following to that, the 1st defendant Grbin, with the purpose also to kill Željko Krulić and Valter Dajčić, threw a hand grenade in their direction but the grenade did not explode. Hence, Vlado Grbin killed two official persons, attempted to murder three officials and instigated two persons to commit a murder of official persons. Petar Petrović and Radovan Anđić killed two official persons and attempted a murder of one official person. Therefore, the defendants committed criminal offences of a murder of official person, attempted murder of official person and instigation to commit a murder of official person.
You can read the Indictment (in Croatian) here (PDF 234 KB).
Rijeka County Court
Case file number: K-56/08
President of the Council: judge Ika Šarić
Indictment: No. KT-122/91-IV of 30 June 2008 issued by the Rijeka County State Attorney’s Office (ŽDO)
Prosecution: Darko Karlović, Rijeka County Deputy State’s Attorney
Criminal acts: a murder of official person (Article 35, paragraphs 1 and 2, item 5 of the KZH), an attempted murder of official person (Article 35, paragraphs 1 and 2, item 5 of the KZH in conjunction with Article 19 of the transposed KZ), intentionally instigating another to commit a murder of official persons (Article 35, paragraphs 1 and 2, item 5 of the KZH in conjunction with Article 23, paragraph 1 of the transposed KZ)
-1st defendant Vlado Grbin (active captain of the JNA until 1991, residing in the Republic of Serbia, address unknown, tried in absentia),
– 2nd defendant Petar Petrović (was under military service from 18 January 1991, current residence address unknown, tried in absentia),
– 3rd defendant Radovan Anđić (was under military service in 1991, residing in Bijeljina, employed in Vienna, the Republic of Austria, available to the court, attends the trial, not detained)
Defence: lawyer Klaudio Dekleva (representing the 1st defendant); lawyer Đuro Vučinić (representing the 2nd defendant); lawyer Milenko Škrlec (representing the 3rd defendant)
Victims: Rifet Mustić and Mladen Bujačić – killed; Željko Krulić, Valter Dajčić and Herkul Alaburić – attempted murder
- ZLOČIN U LOGORMA STAJIĆEVO, BEGEJCI, SREMSKA MITROVICA, NIŠ, STARA GRADIŠKA March 20, 2023
- Sound in the Silence: Interdisciplinary project for secondary school students and their teachers March 17, 2023
- First partner meeting of the project “Female perspectives on the democratic transitions in the 1970s, 1980s and 1990s” February 6, 2023
- Zločin u Novskoj, opt. Jure Šajatović i dr. – PONOVLJENI POSTUPAK November 17, 2022