We are kindly inviting you to join in the online discussion “Between Memory and Oblivion” to be held on May 24, 2023 between 13:00 – 15:00.
Discussion will focus on the challenges facing the culture of Holocaust remembrance, as well as other genocides remembrance, which is deeply linked with promoting European Values of human dignity, freedom, democracy, equality and rule of human rights today.
Speakers (in alphabetical order):
Irena Joveva, Member of European Parliament,
Predrag Matić, Member of European Parliament,
Amedeo Osti Guerrazzi, PhD, University of Padova,
Ivo Pejaković, Director of Jasenovac Memorial Site,
Manuel Sarrazin, German Federal Government Special Representative for the Countries of the Western Balkans,
Urška Strle, PhD, University of Ljubljana.
Two main discussion questions will be:
1) How to create better support for the protection of neglected cultural heritage sites from WWII?
2) How to efficiently confront distortion of historical facts about Holocaust and other WWII genocides and humanitarian law violations?
Discussion will be held in English and Croatian. Simultaneous interpretation will be provided.
Join via the link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81312423835?pwd=WVlvK0x2Wm9OSEExVmxLVUJPNFh1UT09; Meeting ID: 813 1242 3835; Passcode: 422785
Heike Karge, University of Regensburg
Saša Petejan, Zavod APIS
Thomas Porena, Topografia per la storia
Vesna Teršelič, Documenta – Center for Dealing with the Past,
- Study visit ”Untold story: women and anti-war activism” September 21, 2023
- Call for participants: Study visit ”Untold story: women and anti-war activism” in Osijek and Pakrac, Croatia (September 12-16, 2023) August 1, 2023
- Study visit “The 90s: Anti-war activism in Croatia and Slovenia” July 11, 2023
- Anniversary of the Antiwar Campaign of Croatia and Volunteer Project Pakrac July 4, 2023